Sunday 21 August 2011

In the beginning...

So this is it. I've thought about blogging for a while now, but have been quite busy getting over myself and my tendency to people please so have put it off longer than I thought I would.
I love blogs. In the last 6 months I have discovered so much amazing writing online, and have been getting so inspired and so filled by these wonderful women (I mostly tend to read women!). I also have recently got involved with a magazine called Bella, for teen girls, and we are wanting to get a web/blog thing happening one day, so I'm sort of preparing myself for that too. I tend to preach and write to myself and others inside my head rather often, so it's about time that I did the bold thing and started to put some things down on paper (or screen?) instead.
A friend I greatly admire, Marion, writes a wonderful blog NZgirl and she recently made a series of statements about herself from what she's been learning on her journey. I thought I'd do a similar sort of thing, then you can decide whether you want to keep checking in here or if I'm just going to irritate you...
I'm Sarah. I'm married, I have 2 beautiful tiny tots and I live in a smallish town in New Zealand.
  • I'm a bit floaty, or flighty - airy fairy? I'm creative and I like to ask questions and sometimes I don't answer them. Or I answer them with more questions. I like to question, I like to debate, I like to ponder.
  • I'm a Christian. I love God, I love my church, I'm committed. I believe absolutely in the redemptive power of God and in his grace.
  • I'm messy and disorganised. Administration rates pretty low in my list of priorities.
  • I'm an arty creative type, I love music, interior design, gardens, fashion, illustration and books. I'll share my favourites here.
  • I'm pretty passionate about parenting and about supporting mums in particular. I can talk for hours if someone is foolish enough to let me.
  • I don't really know yet what I'm meant to "DO" with my life. I'm on a journey and still learning each day at a time who I am and what matters most to me.
  • I'm people oriented and tend to do things because I care for the people involved, not because I care that much about the task or the job.
I think that's enough for now. Thanks for reading and I hope this will be an encouraging and inspiring thing for me and  you both.
xx Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment