Saturday 3 September 2011

The end of a sewing frenzy

My epic week of sewing is over. I think it's going to take me a while to want to sit down at the sewing machine again!
My final count was 26 bibs and 37 taggy blankets. I had a few more cut out and ready to get started but needed to just stop. And it was probably a good idea, because Shirley made a joke (I hope) about having to take out her underwear to fit them in her luggage!
Some final photos of my bits and pieces:

It's been tiring and my house is an absolute bomb site. But for the first time in I think, ever, I've actually achieved a goal I set for myself at the start of the year. Maybe I'm finally getting over my rebellion against discipline... No, it's too soon to make that claim.
Shirley thinks there will be enough for every baby in the orphanage to have/use one! It's been really special to be able to send a part of myself over to those children. The team leave about now and I know they would appreciate your prayers. 
So this weekend I need to get my house back in some sort of order, plant a mandarin tree plus some shrubs and strawberry plants I bought at the garden centre this week, and try to make sure my hard working husband has a Fathers day. (This sunday, don't forget! As if TV and mass advertising would ever let you)
And I also need to finish my read for the book club I'm involved in. "Blue like Jazz" by Donald Miller. It was my choice this time and very different from the novels we've usually read, so I'm hoping the others don't hate it. Either way, I do love the book - just need to sit in one place and finish it.
xx Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment